To read articles mentioning SEURAT-1 in the scientific and non-scientific press, see the section Press Corner.
Related documents published online:
Joint Research Centre (JRC), Development, Validation and Regulatory Acceptance of Alternative Methods and Approaches, September 2015
European Chemicals Agency (ECHA), Read-Across Assessment Framework (RAAF), May 2015
European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), Modern methodologies and tools for human hazard assessment of chemicals, July 2014.
Milena Mennecozzi, Brigitte Landesmann, Georgina Alexandra Harris, Roman Liska, and Maurice Whelan, Hepatotoxicity Screening Taking a Mode-Of-Action Approach Using HepaRG Cells and HCA, 2012
Sandra Coecke et al., Guidance on Good Cell Culture Practice: A Report of the Second ECVAM Task Force on Good Cell Culture Practice, 2005
Rogiers, Vera, Is the replacement strategy, as it exists today in the EU for cosmetics, the way forward ?, Springer, 2011.
Melvin E. Andersen et al., Can Case Study Approaches Speed Implementation of the NRC Report: “Toxicity Testing in the 21st Century: A Vision and a Strategy?”, Altex, 2011.
Alternative (non-animal) methods for cosmetics testing: current status and future prospects, Springer, 2011.
The final report of theWorkshop on Computational Chemistry and Systems Biology “Harnessing the Chemistry of Life: Revolutionising Toxicology”
Peter Sartipy, Petter Björquist, Concise Review: Human Pluripotent Stem Cell Based Models for Cardiac- and Hepatic Toxicity Assessment, 2011
- Paul Jennings, Michael Schwarz, Brigitte Landesmann, Silvia Maggioni, Marina Goumenou, David Bower, Martin O. Leonard, Jeffrey S. Wiseman, "SEURAT-1 liver gold reference compounds: a mechanism-based review", Archives of Toxicology, December 2014, Volume 88, Issue 12, pp 2099-2133 . More information here.
- Mathieu Vinken and Vera Rogiers, ‘Protocols in In Vitro Hepatocyte Research’, published by Springer (ISBN 978-1-4939-2073-0). More information at the following link: http://www.springer.com/biomed/pharmacology+%26+toxicology/book/978-1-4939-2073-0
Other Related Articles
- Falgun Shah and Nigel Greene, Analysis of Pfizer Compounds in EPA’s ToxCast Chemicals-Assay Space, December 2013, American Chemical Society. Read it here.
- Next Generation Risk Assessment: Incorporation of Recent Advances in Molecular, Computational, and Systems Biology, EPA external review draf, September 2013. Available on EPA website.
- Shengde Wu, Joan Fisher, Jorge Naciff, Michael Laufersweiler, Cathy Lester, George Daston and Karen Blackburn, A Framework for Identifying Chemicals with Structural Features Associated with Potential to Act as Developmental or Reproductive Toxicants, November 11, 2013, American Chemical Society. Available here.
- Shengde Wu, Karen Blackburna, Jack Amburgeyb, Joanna Jaworskac, Thomas Federle, A framework for using structural, reactivity, metabolic and physicochemical similarity to evaluate the suitability of analogs for SAR-based toxicological assessments, February 2010, Elsevier. Available here.
- Blackburn K, Bjerke D, Daston G, Felter S, Mahony C, Naciff J, Robison S, Wu S., Case studies to test: A framework for using structural, reactivity, metabolic and physicochemical similarity to evaluate the suitability of analogs for SAR-based toxicological assessments., Mar 21, 2011, Elsevier. Available here.
- Russell S. Thomas et al., Incorporating New Technologies Into Toxicity Testing and Risk Assessment: Moving From 21st Century Vision to a Data-Driven Framework, 19 September 2013, Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Society of Toxicology. Read it here.
- Quantitative in vitro to in vivo extrapolation of cell-based toxicity assay results, Miyoung Yoon, Jerry L. Campbell, Melvin E. Andersen, and Harvey J. Clewell, Critical Reviews in Toxicology, 2012. Read it on PubMed.
- ECETOC reports on February 2013 workshop addressing 'omics, 3 October, 2013. Available on ECETOC.
- Mathieu Vinken, The adverse outcome pathway concept: A pragmatic tool in toxicology, Toxicology Volume 312, 4 October 2013, Pages 158–165. Article from Elsevier Ireland.
- Sense About Science, Making Sense Of Uncertainty, 2013. Sense About Science.
- Dominic P. Williams, Rebecca Shipley, Marianne J. Ellis, Steve Webb, John Ward, Iain Gardner and Stuart Creton, Novel in vitro and mathematical models for the prediction of chemical toxicity, Toxicology Research, 2013. Available on RSC Publishing.
- Committee on Decision Making Under Uncertainty; Board on Population Health and Public Health Practice; Institute of Medicine, Environmental Decisions in the Face of Uncertainty, The National Academies Press, Washington DC, 2013. Available on The National Academies Press.
- Russell S. Thomas, Michael B. Black, Lili Li, Eric Healy, Tzu-Ming Chu, Wenjun Bao, Melvin E. Andersen and Russell D. Wolfinger, A Comprehensive Statistical Analysis of Predicting In Vivo Hazard Using High-Throughput In Vitro Screening, April 2012. Available on Toxicological Sciences.
- Jean-Matthieu Prot et al., Predictive toxicology using systemic biology and liver microfluidic “on chip” approaches: Application to acetaminophen injury, Elsevier, 2011. Available on Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology.
- Jean Matthieu Prot et al., A cocktail of metabolic probes demonstrates the relevance of primary human hepatocyte cultures in a microfluidic biochip for pharmaceutical drug screening, Elsevier, 2011. Available on International Journal of Pharmaceutics.
- Jean Matthieu Prot and Eric Leclerc, The Current Status of Alternatives to Animal Testing and Predictive Toxicology Methods Using Liver Microfluidic Biochips, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, Online First™, 9 December 2011. Available on Springer Link.
- Jean Matthieu Prot et al., Improvement of HepG2/C3a cell functions in a microfluidic biochip, 2011. Available on Wiley Online Library.
- Rui M. Tostoes et al., Human Liver Cell Spheroids in Extended Perfusion Bioreactor Culture for Repeated-Dose Drug Testing, 2011 by the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. Available on Wiley Online Library.
- Kim Boekelheide and Sarah N. Campion, Toxicity Testing in the 21st Century: Using the New Toxicity Testing Paradigm to Create a Taxonomy of Adverse Effects, published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the Society of Toxicology, 2009. Available on Oxford Journals.
- Ian Kimber et al., Computational chemistry, systems biology and toxicology. Harnessing the chemistry of life: revolutionizing toxicology. A commentary, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2011. Available on Wiley Online Library.
- Uehara, T., et al., Prediction model of potential hepatocarcinogenicity of rat hepatocarcinogens using a large-scale toxicogenomics database, Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. (2011), Science Direct.