Open position as postdoctoral researcher at the University of São Paulo (USP)-Brazil
The Department of Pathology of the School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science at the University of São Paulo (USP)-Brazil is looking for a motivated postdoctoral researcher (m/f) to support their experimental hepatology research.
- You will be involved in the “CONNECT” project, funded by the “Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo” (FAPESP), which investigates the potential of connexin and pannexin channels as drug targets and biomarkers in liver disease.
- Your scientific work should result in several manuscripts published in international peer-reviewed journals.
- You will assist in the supervision of PhD students.
- You hold a PhD in veterinary sciences, (bio)medical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences or equivalent.
- You are a dynamic and flexible person.
- You are able to work independently, yet as team member, and accurately.
- You have a good knowledge of the English language both written and oral.
- Knowledge of the Portugese language is an asset.
- A young, dynamic and stimulating work environment with access to state-of-the-art technology.
- A 2-year contract as a full-time postdoctoral researcher at the USP in São Paulo-Brazil renewable in case of a positive evaluation (4 years in total).
- Possibility to present your research results at (inter)national conferences.
- Prof. Mathieu Vinken
Department of Toxicology, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, 1090 Brussels-Belgium
Tel: 0032 2 477 45 87
- Prof. Bruno Cogliati
Department of Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Science, USP, Av. Prof. Dr. Orlando Marques de Paiva 87, 05508-900 Sao Paulo-Brazil
Tel: 0055 11 3091 1200
Please send your application file in English by e-mail to Prof. Mathieu Vinken and Prof. Bruno Cogliati. The application file must contain your Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter.
Last changed: 04/22/2014